Respiratory relates to breathing, therefore the ailments that directly affect the nose, throat, pharynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs and other organs associated are called respiratory diseases. These are also known as pulmonary diseases. Some of the respiratory diseases are asthma, laryngitis, sinusitis, rhinitis and lung infections.
The primary reason for the development of these diseases is the Kapha Dosha and Vata Dosha imbalance. Ayurveda has the vast capacity to heal such disorders by using a specified diet, herbal Ayurvedic remedies, Yoga and meditation.
Dr Mukesh Sharda, who has treated thousands of patients through Ayurvedic means, has shared some symptoms, causes as well as relevant tips for Ayurvedic treatment for Sinusitis, Laryngitis, Rhinitis, Asthma and various other respiratory diseases, which are indicated below:-
Symptoms of Respiratory diseases
If you are facing these signs, then you may be diagnosed with respiratory diseases:
- Shortage of breath
- Pain in chest
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Tight chest or wheezing
- A sore throat
Causes of Respiratory diseases
The common reasons of Respiratory diseases are:
- Lifestyle:- If you are following a sedentary lifestyle or if there is a lack of movement in the body, then you are more likely to get diagnosed with such disorders.
- Pollution:- Elements like pollen, dust or fumes may enter our body while breathing and causes respiratory diseases.
- Smoking/Alcohol:- The smoke of cigarettes enters through our nostrils and mouth and causes difficulty in breathing. The Consumption of alcohol results in inflammatory organs of the respiratory system.
- Poor Diet:- Junk food should be completely avoided as it contains nil vitamins and has only adverse effects on our health.
- Infection:- The bacteria may enter our body through the nose and mouth and make people victims of such diseases.
Life-saving tips for Respiratory diseases
Following are some useful tips to prevent respiratory diseases:
- Proper Diet:- Vitamin C which is commonly found in foods like Kiwi, Green leafy vegetables, Broccoli, Sweet lime, and Orange gives strength to the respiratory system. An adequate amount of such food in our diet can minimize the risk of respiratory illness.
- Exercise:- The normal workout, walking, jogging, and cycling also help to handle respiratory diseases. While doing exercise your muscles work harder, and your body produces more oxygen and produces more carbon dioxide resulting in a better and healthy respiratory system.
- Quit smoking/alcohol:-These habits trigger respiratory diseases. The abusers of alcohol and its substitutes are at great risk to develop such disorders.
- Maintain proper hygiene:- To avoid respiratory ailments one should:
- Cover nose and mouth while sneezing and coughing
- Wash hands from time to time
- Use of sanitizers or soaps etc.
- Herbs:- The use of herbs and natural spices has proven the most effective way to cope with infections and diseases. These mainly include:-
- Turmeric– The anti-inflammatory property of this herb improves the functioning of the lungs and helps to heal diseases like asthma, laryngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis and several others.
- Astragalus:- This herb has been used since ancient times to deal with several disorders due to its anti-inflammatory nature. It supports our immunity system and protects our respiratory organs against damage.
- Ginger:- This spice is commonly available in every household. The anti-cancer, organ-protective and anti-swelling nature help in many ways. One can opt for a raw piece of ginger or ginger tea in order to stay fit.
- Licorice:- It provides an internal shield to our respiratory system. Simply chewing a tiny piece of this herb or drinking a mixture of licorice can get rid of a sore/irritated throat and other respiratory problems.
- Vasaka:- It works as a purification herb by cleaning our lungs and eliminating the excess phlegm from the throat.
The above-mentioned ayurvedic tips, shared by Dr. Mukesh Sharda can prove life-saving. If you want to heal from respiratory diseases which have positive results, visit or call the experts of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda.